photo botslide.jpg

Grandma's Apple and Rhubarb Crumble

Wednesday 4 September 2013



Oooh, this is one of my personal favorites. The flavors are so delicious, and it’s hard to beat served with whipped cream. I’ve put off writing this up, because I know the instant I finish I’ll have this unstoppable need to go and make this recipe myself. You too might succumb to this once you have tasted it. I have warned you.

First of all, chop enough rhubarb and apple to fill your bowl in equal amounts. Then put the fruit into a pot filled halfway with water and leave to stew (you’ll know it’s done when the fruit is soft and tender).

To make the topping, mix 90gm of melted butter with

¾ cup flour

¾ cup rolled oats

¾ cup sugar

½ cup coconut

When the fruit is softened, allow to cool and then place in bowl with spread the topping evenly on the fruit.

Bake at 180o for 45 minutes.

Enjoy served with whipped cream.  

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme