photo botslide.jpg

(You are) Precious

Monday 9 September 2013



Hey you!

 
Yes, you, right there.

 
You’re precious.

 
Who are you precious to? I ask that question. On my down days, thinking thoughts like “do I actually matter? Does anyone value me?” (hands up if you’ve thought these thoughts too – ooh, I see a few in the back).

 
I wanna tell you right now, that you weren’t brought to read this for no reason. God values you a lot, and whether this is news or whether you’ve heard this a million times, I think you should hear it again.

 
How about we dig a little deeper (bring your spades and shovels – what’s that saying, the more hands the easier, or the easier with more hands? You know what I mean).

 
The definition of precious is below:

 
Of great value; not to be wasted or treated carelessly.

(Used as a term to address a beloved person.)

 
Hmm. Let’s make a pretty little analogy: do you have a belonging or person that you hold close to your heart that you value, protect and are very careful with? A family member, or a diamond ring maybe? Something that you would call precious?

 
How you see that thing/person is how God sees you. He’s looking down on you, smiling, and holding you close. He’s got you – you are precious in His sight. Don’t forget that.

 
See, told you we’d dig deep. And as I’m writing this I feel it’s touching my heart too. Read the definition of precious again, and this time read it like this:

 
You are of great value; not to be wasted or treated carelessly.

(Used as a term to address you. By God.)

 
That’s right, you. If I was having a coffee with you right now, I’d look you in the eye and share this bible verse (1 Corinthians 6:20):

 You were bought at a price.

 For some of you that have been reading my blog, I did just share that scripture a few posts ago. But hey, it doesn’t hurt to repeat it, right? It makes me smile every time I hear it, and I bet it makes your heart feel Gods love too. And remember, it’s not me telling you this – it’s GOD. He’s the Creator and Maker of all things….including you.

 
So go out there, sister, and live your life knowing just how valued you are. I’ll embark on this journey with you, I think.

 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme