photo botslide.jpg

Someday someday maybe | Book Review

Friday 5 September 2014

No photo today! Had to return it before I could snap one :( Search it on google images and ta dah you will know what I'm talking 'bout

I hate to review books that I didn't like, but I console myself with the fact that it may serve as a warning to those who haven't read it. Or something-or-rather.

"Someday someday maybe" is a book that I really wanted to like, because, have you SEEN the cover? Oh so cute. If I'm honest, that MAY have been why I picked it up.

It was tolerable for the first 1/3 of the book. It was amusing for the first part. I kept hoping it would get better. A few swear words, but in this day and age that isn't so much of a shocker.

I won't spoil it for you (although I hope you won't read it), but things starting going downhill until I actually literally skipped to the very end of the book. I can't bear to not finish a book so having to skip ahead is major for me. Very weak and absurd storyline, and nothing more worth mentioning. I am aware I did just mention it, but that's not the point. Well, it is the point that I shouldn't mention it, but what I am saying is.....oh never mind. Also, too many unnecessary "bad bits."

Thankfully I got this from the library so it didn't cost me anything except my time. I know people that tend to buy books straight off the bat, and I do this if I know (like, really know) that it is going to be good, but I would generally recommend getting the book out first, and then you can buy it if you love it (I usually buy all my books from The Book Depository). And it's free! A whole place full of books FREE to read! How could you not?

In short, I don't want to be negative, and I hope I won't be doing too many more of these types of reviews. It is the most frustrating thing to get into a rut of bad books and just mope about, bobbing your tea bag up and down, wishing that the world would JUST GET ITSELF SORTED and produce some decent literature.

If you have read this book, what were your thoughts?

X

4 comments:

  1. I like that you still wrote a review, even though you didn't like it! Now i'm really curious! I'll get back to you once I've read it myself :)


    http://itoyoutoshe.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for commenting! Would love to hear your thoughts :) x

      Delete
  2. I was wanting to read this book, but wasn't sure if I'd feel it. (Plus, I've got too much to read on my Want to Read list.) It's good to write a review, even if you didn't like it.

    StephanieLists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely amusing, but just not my cup of tea :) Thanks for the comment! x

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme