photo botslide.jpg

What To Do About Revenge....

Sunday 29 September 2013


You know that moment when someone has just done/said something awful and you just want to punch their lights out and get revenge immediately? Yeah.

Let’s get our honest faces on, because I sometimes don’t deal with those situations in the most respectful manner. I’ve heard it said that you should pray for your enemies, and I’ve always kind of thought that I don’t have enemies! But I think as humans, we do get angry with each other and we do form “enemies”.

If you get into one of the situations, my advice is….bite your tongue. It’ll save you a whole lot of embarrassing apologies and trouble in the long run. That’s easy said but hard done (or however that saying goes), huh? Here’s what the bible says about it:

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Do not repay evil for evil.

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

Romans 12:14, 12:17 & 12:19.

Ouch. How do you bless someone that’s just wounded you? It’s H.A.R.D.

I have been lying awake at night, finding my mind going back to when someone did wrong to me that day. Before I begin to sketch out plans of revenge (involving tomatoes and a catapult) I remember these scriptures. And….here’s the secret…..

I pray for them.

You heard me right, I pray for my “enemies”! Well, an enemy sounds dramatic, but you get it.

And to make things even crazier, do GOOD for your enemies.

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Romans 12:20. Romans is full of some good stuff, eh?

Imagine this: next time someone does something wrong to you, instead of slapping them in the face like a 5 year old (we’ve all been there) let’s show kindness just like Jesus.

I kind of like the way Paul puts it in Romans 12:21……

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

X

(And a side note…don’t be the enemy! That’s another story, but keep it in mind. Thanks for joining. It’s been a pleasure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme